For sexy looking skin keep it well hydrated
Sometimes summer can be a bit hit and miss! Take this year for example, one minute heavy showers and gloom, next sunny days and scorching heat. If you aren’t ready for the sunny days then it may damage your skin.
Skin is mostly made up of water, and has its own natural defences to keep hydration perfect!
What gives your skin this protection is a layer made of water and natural oils and fats! Essentially what this layer does is slow how much moisture you lose through your skin and keeps your skins ph limit neutral which is where it should!
However moisture levels can drop or change. This can be due to a number of reasons such as:
– The heat!
– High pollution areas can also clog your skin up!
– Air conditioning – as lush as it is to have cold air blowing on you…this can dry your skin and affect your natural defences more than you think.
– Lifestyle, such as do you smoke or drink and eat well? These have a huge effect on your skin! Smoking makes your skin age quicker. Drinking does the same and massively dehydrates it as well.
If you want to keep your skin looking sexy all summer long all you need to do is follow these simple tips!
1. Drink loads of water a day. About 2 litres, 2 and a half if taking on energetic activities. Don’t feel thirsty?? Doesnt matter! Being thirsty is a sign of dehydration.
2. Even though other fluids aren’t quite as helpful water, soft drinks, juices even some tea will help replenish fluids!
3. Eating fruit and vegetables have a high water count, so not only are they healthy for you, they help keep you hydrated!
4. Avoid drinking alcohol!
5. If doing heavy activities, such as sport or walking long distance’s – drink before, during and after the activity. Sports drinks can essentially do the same job but they also keep blood sugars up and replenish minerals.
6. Moisturising cream! Also some moisturising cream has sun protective properties.
7. Having sunscreen with UVA and UVB filters are essential. This helps prevent your skin ageing early on.